What is our testing and review process?
VPN Choice practises open and fair testing procedures. We’re not concerned with how big or how small your website is. If you’ve got good standards, you’ll earn a place on our list. Too many VPN providers get spots on big-name ranking lists just because they’re the big dogs we want to put a stop to that.
In the world of VPNs, there’s definitely a bit of an unfair bias toward the big guys. From ads you see on every single youtube video to banners you see on every website in existence- you see them everywhere. They end up burying the little guys and not giving great services a chance to shine.
Strict, Honest, Fair
The VPN Choice methods are strict and our outcomes – impeccable. While some may say we judge VPNs by a very harsh set of standards, others will realize that we’re just doing what every ranking site should be doing. We’re putting providers through the wash to get all the dyes and decorations out, leaving only the bare fabric of their services to judge.
We apply an analytical approach to analysis – look only at the metrics, take only the best. The VPN Choice editorial team are encouraged not to consider things like size, popularity, and other standards when selecting VPNs.
In some ways, the VPN-ranking scene is semi-corrupt. While it may not be conscious or deliberate, there are unfair ranking standards all over the internet that see the big guys pushed to the top and the little guys de-voiced. If you want fair standards, you’ve come to the right place.
We review providers based on these parameters:
- History and Background – Who owns it and how long have they been around?
- Reputation – What is the overall concensous of the company?
- Jurisdiction – where is the VPN service based
- Performance – we conduct speed tests, IP and DNS leak tests to gauge a service’s performance
- Cost – What price plans do they offer
- Refund Policy – Do they offer a way off is the customer isn’t satisfied
- Server Locations – the number of servers available
- Customer Support – what support channels are provided and is it 24/7
- Help – what setup and troubleshooting tutorials are offered by support
- Protocols – the range of protocols available
- Encryption – What encryption levels are used to protect users privacy
- Logging Policy – What logs are collected and how do they record information
- Apps – is the service capatible with various apps
- Security – Do they provide features such as a firewall, IP and DNS leak protection or kill switch
- Channel Compatibility – can users access various TV stations from their own country
To find out more on our testing process please don’t hesitate to contact us.